Core allows users to transmit a secured stream via SRT to either a Teradek decoder or 3rd party decoder software such as VLC Media Player (version 3.0 or newer). If you’re using VLC, it can be difficult to verify if your stream is in fact secured. Below are steps you can use to ensure that you're streaming using SRT. Note: The following steps are similar for both macOS and Windows. The examples shown below are from a computer running macOS.
- Login to Core, then select a stream source that supports SRT and being connected to Cloud Sputnik Engine.
- From the Encoder Details page, enable SRT by checking the Secure Mode box at the top of the page.
- Click on the Info tab below the preview window, then copy the Passphrase.
- From your computer, launch VLC and open the Preferences menu. If you are using Windows, launch VLC then navigate to Tools > Preferences.
- Select Video, then click the Show All button (For Windows, navigate to Video > Show Settings [All]).
- Open the Input/Codecs drop-down menu, open Access Modules, then select SRT.
- Paste the Passphrase you copied from Core in the Password for stream encryption field, then click Save.
- Return to the Encoder Details page in Core and copy the URL.
- Select File, then click Open network (For Windows, go to Media > Open Network Streams).
- Paste the URL in the URL field, then click Open (Play for Windows).