RT Firmware package version 1.1.7 includes updates to support a new MOTR.X torque setting, it serves two purposes:
- Allow users to limit peak current draw for current-regulated power sources.
- Allow users to limit max motor torque for use with delicate lenses.
The torque setting is stored at the MDR unit (supports Mk3.1, MDR.M/MB, MDR.ACI, and MDR.X).
- Menu >
- Motor >
- Motor >
There are three torque settings -- low, medium, high. These settings operate as follows:
- High (no current limiting) - this matches the previous MOTR.X operation and is ideal when powering the system directly from a battery or with stiff lenses.
- Medium (max 2.8A) - This is now the default setting. Medium offers similar practical performance to high, but with a 2.8A total current limit that should work with most widely available current-limited power supplies.
- Low (max 1.8A) - Low reduces the motor performance for more limited power supplies. In this mode the motor speed is reduced, and it's intended mainly for single motor operation. Stiff lenses will turn noticeably slower in this mode, and there may be some motor noise.
Required firmware versions, these are visible in the RT Manager Advanced view, RTFW firmware select menu, or on boot up and in the ADV>ABOUT menu for products with an OLED display: