If a 1st generation T-RAX encoder or decoder card is no longer visible or responsive in the Web User Interface of the T-RAX system, please try the Recovery Mode procedure to restore operation on the codec card.
NOTE: these steps are ONLY applicable to a 1st generation T-RAX encoder or decoder card with a serial number start with 106 (decoder) or 107 (encoder). They instructions do NOT apply to a 2nd generation HEVC-capable T-RAX encoder or decoder card with a serial number starting with 786 (encoder) or 787 (decoder).
- firmware version 1.2.1 or later must be installed on the T-RAX Controller card
- each T-RAX encoder / decoder (Codec) card requires the most recent Recovery firmware (available from http://www.teradek.com/pages/downloads)
- NOTE: this Recovery firmware must have been loaded on the Codec card before an issue happens where the Codec card unit needs the Recovery Mode procedure to be performed. If Recovery firmware is not present, you will not be able to boot the Codec card into Recovery Mode
- place the Codec card into recovery mode using the paper clip to press the tiny white button (located on the front plate of the codec card between the reset button and the status LED column
- if the Codec card is currently inserted in the chassis and powered on, press and hold the recessed Recovery Mode button with the paper clip, then press the Reset button further down on the faceplate to reboot the Codec card. Release the Recovery Mode button once the Codec card begins to power on (after approximately 2 seconds)
- if the Codec card is not in the slot, press it into the slot while holding the recovery mode button, then release the button after the Codec card begins to power on (~2 seconds)
- if the Controller card and the Codec card's Recovery Mode firmware image are both up to date, the Codec card that is in Recovery Mode will show up in the firmware upgrade web page with a red circle indicator, and will have a box so you can select it to upgrade the Codec card with the Main firmware (e.g. Codec firmware version 7.3.2, etc.). IMPORTANT: do not load Recovery Mode firmware on a unit that is already in Recovery Mode, load the Main firmware while it is in Recovery Mode
- if the Controller card has an older firmware release (1.2.0 or earlier), the Codec card that is in Recovery Mode will show up in the firmware upgrade web page with a red circle indicator, and will NOT have a box to select it for loading Main firmware. In this case, update your Controller Card firmware to version 1.2.1 or later and try the Recover Mode procedure again on that Codec card
- if the Controller card has firmware version 1.2.1 or later, but the Codec card doesn't have the required Recovery Mode firmware image, the Codec card that is in Recovery Mode will show up in the firmware upgrade web page with a yellow circle indicator, and will NOT have a box to select it for loading Main firmware. In this case, you will need to request an RMA to send the Codec card back to Teradek for service since it cannot be upgraded
If the T-RAX Codec card is not able to enter Recovery Mode, or is not restored by loading Main firmware while in the Recovery Mode procedure, please contact Support to set up an RMA for the Codec card to have it serviced.