Final public release : Sputnik version 2.5.2
In 2016 Teradek changed its policy on self-installed / customer-created Sputnik servers, both physical or virtual.
The final public release is Sputnik version 2.5.2, and this is available from the following links:
- i386 RPM (Fedora 13/14, CentOS 5)
- i686 RPM (Fedora 15+, CentOS 6, Amazon Linux)
- 32-bit .Debian package (Ubuntu 14, Debian 6.0/Squeeze)
- 64-bit Debian package (Ubuntu 14, Debian 6.0/Squeeze)
Customers may continue to use Sputnik version 2.5.2 in standalone configurations, but support is not provided for that older release.
Sputnik updates will primarily focus on new features for integration with Core. Additional information on Core is available at this link:
How do I obtain more recent versions of Sputnik?
Sputnik updates beyond version 2.5.2 are available in the following scenarios:
- Preconfigured physical Sputnik servers (desktop or rackmount form factor) purchased from Teradek (link to Teradek online shop) or an authorized reseller
- Core-deployed / cloud-hosted virtual Sputnik servers, or self-installed Sputnik instances on an active Core Enterprise subscription (not available on Core 2.1 Basic / Plus / Pro subscriptions)
The use of more recent versions of Sputnik outside of these scenarios is prohibited, and support will not be not provided in those circumstances.
If you purchased a preconfigured Sputnik server:
- email email@example.com with the serial number and service tag on the preconfigured Sputnik server
- if the server was purchased from a reseller, please include a copy of the dated sales receipt in PDF format
- once the purchase information is confirmed, your user account in the Teradek Help Center will be added to a private download area which contains Sputnik software
If you have an active Core Enterprise subscription:
- refer to the instructions in your Core account for downloading and installing Sputnik, described in this article.
- once the Sputnik software is installed on a system the Core interface can be used to perform updates
- updates to Sputnik or support for those servers will not be available if a Core subscription is cancelled