- Bond II, Bond Pro
- all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Cube models
- Slice Encoder / Decoder
- VidiU (original), VidiU Mini, VidiU Pro
- not applicable
We've had reports from customers that the certificate-based PEAPv0 / EAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication method isn't working in their setup.
The firmware on Teradek devices supports WPA Enterprise networks and should accept certificate files in PEM/DER format, but the device may have issues if the certificate requires a chain of trust to validate.
Please provide information on the following to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble using a Teradek device on this type of network:
- the make / model, software version, etc. of the back-end server that is being used to perform the authentication of the clients
- a copy of the server certificate used by other devices to successfully authenticate, and which is not working on the Teradek device
NOTE: this information is also requested if you're not having difficulties and are able to successfully connect the Teradek device to this type of network.
Our engineers are continuing to investigate this issue, but there is no fix available at this time.
If your WPA Enterprise network is not working with the Teradek device, there is no on-device workaround.
The following suggestions require external products or different types of networks:
- a separate device (such as an Ethernet to Wi-Fi bridge) could connect to the Cube's Ethernet port and also connect wirelessly to the WPA Enterprise network
- the Teradek device could connect to a WPA/WPA2 Personal network instead of the WPA Enterprise network