Secure Reliable Transport has several distinct advantages:
- Protect against jitter, packet loss and bandwidth fluctuation
- Low Latency
- End-to-end 128/256 bit AES encryption
Essentially, SRT wraps a UDP stream with the protocol to allow for more consistent streaming experience.
In Teradek Encoders, there are two modes.
- Server Mode (Pull or Listener Mode) allows clients to initiate a connection.
- Sender Mode (Caller Mode) video is sent to a destination.
Both modes have the following variables:
- Host (Server Mode Disabled) - Your destination IP or domain address.
- Port (Default 9710) - Port at which data is sent or pulled from. These ports must be open (outgoing or incoming) on your network for data to flow properly
- Passphrase - The key that is used to encrypt your stream. Use this phrase in the decoder side as well.
- Encryption key size - Allows a preset selection of key size. This variable must match at the receiving end.
- Latency (Default 500) - How much delay is in the stream.
- Adaptive Bitrate (Default Off) - Allows the encoder to adjust the bitrate dynamically if network conditions worsen.