Hyperion is suitable for management and re-streaming of Teradek encoders, decoders and mobile applications. A Cloud Hyperion Streaming Server offers you a lot more than streaming via On-demand one:
- Up to 5 Teradek sources such as encoders, decoders and Airmix app inbound streams;
- Enables remote configuration for Teradek encoders and decoders;
- Supports the following stream modes: MPEG-TS, SRT, RTSP, HLS, and RTMP/S (including Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, Vimeo, IBM Video Streaming, LinkedIn, Wowza, Livestream, EasyLive.io)
NOTE: HLS and RTMP/S requires the output stream be H.264
- Restreaming H.264/H.265 video with AAC audio at any resolution and bitrate;
NOTE: If the input stream is H.265 and you require web browser playback support, then you will need to select for a server upgrade
- Cloud recording and file downloading;
- CoreTV streaming with voice and text chat collaboration (Click here for more info);
- Supports Teradek apps (Click here for more info);
- The cost varies from $75 to $50/mo for extra Cloud Hyperion depending on your Core monthly subscription or $2/hr;
- Multi-destination streaming.
What are the main differences between Transcoder and Generic Hyperion?
Transcoder is having all of the advantages described above BUT:
- ̶U̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶5̶ ̶T̶e̶r̶a̶d̶e̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶d̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶o̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶i̶r̶m̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶;̶
Accepts only 1 Teradek encoder;
- ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶$̶7̶5̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶$̶5̶0̶/̶m̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶̶H̶y̶p̶e̶r̶i̶o̶n̶ d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶C̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶$̶2̶/̶h̶r̶
The cost is either $500/mo or $3/hr
- Transcodes HEVC to h.264
How to launch a Hyperion Streaming Server? Please, follow the link for our Server Launch Tutorial.