Bolt devices purchased as a set (TX and RX), are paired by default, requiring no additional configuration. Bolt devices purchased separately need to be paired using the device's front panel (OLED) menu, Bolt Manager, or the Bolt App.
NOTE: Before starting either pairing process, ensure that both the transmitter and receiver have the same firmware version and have Bluetooth enabled.
Pairing via the Front Panel
- Connect both the transmitter and receiver(s) to your computer (Windows/Mac) via USB.
- Open Bolt Manager, select the Pairing tab, then tap the Wired Pairing button.
- Select the devices you want to pair, then click the Pair Devices button. Bolt Manager will indicate whether or not Pairing is successful.
If you’re having trouble getting units to pair, we recommend keeping the transmitter and receiver six feet apart when pairing (if antennas are connected). Without antennas, they can be closer. Keep all other RF devices nearby turned off or out of range to ensure the transmitter and receiver are only detecting each other. To eliminate any chance of interference, perform the Wired Pairing process via Bolt Manager.
Pairing via the Bolt App
- Open the Bolt App from your iOS or Android device, then tap the Pairing button.
- Select the transmitter you wish to pair, then tap the Next button.
- Select the receiver(s) you wish to pair with the transmitter, then tap the Pair! button. The Bolt App will indicate when the pairing process is completed.
Wired Pairing via Bolt Manager
- Using the Menu Joystick, navigate to the Pairing menu on both the transmitter and the receiver.
- Select Pairing to begin the pairing process. The transmitter will begin scanning for a receiver within range and automatically pair to the receiver.
- Once paired, the front panel will indicate whether or not Pairing is successful.