VidiU (original) – Teradek – Technical – YouTube new API workaround
- My unit continues to get stuck on "getting events" and isn't remembering the default platform of YouTube live. I also tried to set up a new event manually on my VidiU, but it isn't connecting with YouTube live and is only reading "ready" instead of "preview" or "live" when I try to start a test stream.
- Error YouTube Live API:BroadcastDNE
- If I select to create a new event instead I can successfully create and title a new event but when I select the start button to and select to go live initially the message in the top right of the right of the Vidiu says starting before reverting to ready. If I look in the built in webpage of the Vidiu and try to start the stream from there I get the same result but also the error message 'Connection:Cannot Resolve Address'
YouTube has recently been making changes to its API so the integration has been impacted.
For a moment you'll want to use the manual RTMP setup for the YouTube platform.
Here is how to set up manual streaming with the VidiU:
You'll need to use the RTMP server URL and stream key from your YouTube studio.
- On a separate web browser, go to https://studio.youtube.com/ to log in to your account. Click Create, then select the Go live option.
You will then be prompted to either create a new stream (NEW STREAM), or to create a stream using the same settings, privacy, and details from a previously completed stream (COPY AND CREATE). Create a name, then click CREATE STREAM or SAVE.
NEW STREAM COPY AND CREATE
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream Key provided on the Preview screen, then return to VidiU WEB UI Video Stream Output page and paste them on the corresponding fields. After entering the Server URL (RTMP Address), Stream Key and YouTube login credentials, click Save at the bottom.
You can create a reusable stream key with the encoding settings used on the encoder.
Once you create an event and select the reusable stream key, you can create new events from that previous one as a template.
Here is YouTube tutorial:
Configuration Important note:
Username and Password: leave empty, and do not enter your Original Livestream username or password in the separate Username/Password fields.
These values are already contained in the Server Primary URL field.
Keywords: youtube, you tube, vidiu, Connection:Cannot Resolve Address, API:BroadcastDNE, check the RTMP URL, check the stream key, rtmp
CASE: SC107974 SC107974