There are two generations of T-RAX encoder and decoder cards which are compatible with the T-RAX chassis:
- The first generation is the older, discontinued series which is only capable of using the H.264 video codec and does not support RTMPS or SRT.
- The second generation is the newer HEVC series which supports both HEVC as well as H.264, as well as streaming protocols like RTMPS and SRT.
You can determine the generation based on the serial number as well as the appearance of the web user interface for each individual card within the T-RAX interface by selecting Cards > Configuration > click the Edit button > select the Version tab:
First generation (H.264 only):
- Web user interface is white and light grey
- Encoder serial number starts with 107
- Decoder serial number starts with 106
Second generation (HEVC / H.264):
- Web user interface is dark grey and black
- Encoder serial number starts with 786
- Decoder serial number starts with 787