If you are using the Node with Telna's service and are encountering connectivity issues, the following are the most common reasons:
- Missing APN value on Teradek device configuration
- Incorrect Node configuration
- Insufficient balance on Telna account
Missing APN value on Teradek device configuration
Make sure that your Teradek device is configured with the altanwifi APN value (US based SIM cards) or internet (Europe based SIM cards) that is required to allow the SIM card to connect through to the mobile network, as described in this article.
If this APN value is missing, you may see a the carrier name present in the Teradek device's configuration for the Node (e.g. AT&T or T-Mobile) but no traffic will pass out over the Telna SIM cards.
Incorrect Node configuration
- Leave any Username / Password fields blank for the Telna SIM configuration-- do not fill in your Telna account email or password, or your Core account email and password.
- Leave the configuration mode for the Node set to Auto -- do not choose a Custom / GSM, Custom / CDMA setting or Custom / Composite setting, as those will not work with the Node.
Insufficient balance on Telna account
Check your account balance through Telna's portal and add funds if needed, as described in this article.
Telna does not automatically charge a credit card when funds have run out on your account, and your streams will be interrupted if you run out of funds during a stream.
Since it will take time to reconnect once funds are added, always make sure that you have sufficient funds for your intended streaming usage.