Version 1 - June 1, 2020
Manually configuring Core to broadcast to YouTube via RTMP(S) is useful in situations when the integrated version of YouTube is not working properly.
TO CONFIGURE YOUTUBE VIA RTMP(S) ON CORE:
- Visit https://corecloud.tv/ and log in to your account.
- Authorize your device if you haven’t done so already.
- Select Destinations from the menu bar, select Channels, then click Create Channel.
- Click RTMP(S) to be directed to the Create Channel page.
- On a separate web browser, go to https://studio.youtube.com/ to log in to your account. Click Create, then select the Go live option.
You will then be prompted to either create a new stream (NEW STREAM), or to create a stream using the same settings, privacy, and details from a previously completed stream (COPY AND CREATE). Create a name, then click CREATE STREAM or SAVE.
NEW STREAM COPY AND CREATE
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream Key provided on the Preview screen, then return to Core’s Create Channel page and paste them on the corresponding fields. After entering the Server URL (RTMP Address), Stream Key and YouTube login credentials, click Save at the bottom.
YouTube - Preview Live Stream page
Core - Add a new channel page
- Return to your Core dashboard and select a stream to display the encoder details. Click Link.
- Select the channel you created from the menu, then click Link.
- Click the Go Live! button on Core. Your video will appear as a preview on YouTube's
Preview page. To begin your live stream, click the Go Live button.