There are two ways to utilize WiFi on a VidiU Go: via an existing WiFi router or using a hotspot on a mobile device. This page will list instructions for the latter for when there is no available or stable WiFi, for example outdoors or at a concert. If you have a tablet or cell phone that uses cellular data, you can aggregate the signal of up to four of these devices using the access point network generated by the VidiU Go.
Note: Though not applicable in most situations, ethernet can also be used in this configuration to increase signal strength.
To learn about how to connect your VidiU Go to an existing network via a home or office router, visit this support page.
- The first step to connecting a VidiU Go to a hotspot network is to change the WiFi mode on the VidiU app from “Client Mode” to “Access Point Mode.” This will enable the VidiU to generate its network. To do so, go to “Settings” and then select “Network.”
- Select “Wireless” and then switch the Wireless Mode from “Client” to “Access Point.”
- Hit “Apply”.
- At this point, a warning will pop up that the VidiU is disconnecting from the existing WiFi network, which is fine. Select “Apply” and now the VidiU Go is generating its WiFi network.
- Now on a mobile device with cellular service, join the network that was created by the VidiU by going into “Settings,” “Wifi,” and then connect to the network.
Note: The network name can be found on the front of the VidiU Go’s OLED display.
- Go back into the VidiU App and select your VidiU Go once it loads.
- Click “Settings,” then “Network,” and then “Mobile.”
- At the top of the screen, there are listed options to “Automatically use my mobile data connection: Never, Always, or Ask.”
- Select “Always” and then tap “Apply.”
This tells the mobile device to allow the VidiU Go to use its data for streaming.
- At this point, the VidiU is using cellular data from the connected mobile device to connect to the internet. If more devices are needed, repeat step 5 on up to 4 total devices to aggregate the connection.
- Tap “Home” to return to the VidiU app homepage to configure other settings or start your broadcast as usual.