In this tutorial, we will get familiar with some of the hardware interfaces on your Cube and the basic steps to set up your device.
You have the option of connecting your Cube to a network via Ethernet, WiFi, or a single USB Modem. For the purposes of this tutorial we will utilize WiFi.
- Connect your WiFi antennas to the RP-SMA connectors on the back panel. If you do not plan on using WiFi, you do not need to attach the antennas.
- Orient the antennas vertically (i.e. perpendicular to the ground) for the best reception.
- Use the included AC power cord to power your unit.
- Attach your video source to either the HDMI or SDI video inputs.
In this tutorial, we are connecting using HDMI.
Note that you also have the ability to plug into the 3.5mm (mini jacks) for both audio input (such as a microphone) and for audio output (headphones).
- Lastly, move the switch on the back of the Cube unit to the “on” position to power the device.
Now that the hardware is connected, the next step is to connect to a network. The next tutorial will walk you through these steps.