As the current global environment forces production sets to shrink, the need for remote collaboration will grow considerably. Rental houses accustomed to offering solutions for monitoring video on set will need to adapt to those changing requirements, utilizing technology to easily and reliably get the video off-set and into collaborators' hands.
Teradek's Core cloud service makes this possible today. Video from Teradek encoders connected to Core can be shared with any number of people. When shooting has wrapped, simply un-share the video.
First, you'll need some compatible Teradek encoders. Currently, 600 or 700 series Cubes and VidiU Go are compatible with Core. Once you have your encoders, go to Core at https://corecloud.tv and follow the instructions below.
- Sign up for a Core account. Core has four different plans to choose from. Select the plan that best suits both your company's and your clients' needs.
- Configure all your encoders to connect to your Core account. Refer to this article for instructions on how to add your devices.
- For best results, we recommend configuring a dedicated cloud-hosted Sputnik server to your Core account. Cloud-hosted Sputnik servers run full-time on Core and offer specialized features that make them the best option for users with several encoders. Billed at $75/month, Cloud-hosted Sputnik servers offer:
- Remote Configuration
- Multi-Platform Distribution
- Video Preview
- Static IP
- Regional Ingest
- Fail-over Switcher
For instructions on how to add a Sputnik engine, refer to this article.
- Before production begins, request a list from your client of all the e-mails of crew members or clients to share video with.
- Log in to your Core account, select the encoder(s) to share, then click the Share icon. You can also share multiple videos grouped into a workspace, this article has more details.
- Enter each email, then click the Share button to deliver the access code.
- Once production has wrapped and the equipment has been returned, you can un-share access to the shared video by repeating step 6, then removing the users by clicking on the X. NOTE: To ensure that video is not accidentally shared with the wrong client, it is important that you un-share the video once production has wrapped.
For detailed instructions on how to share and un-share video using Core, refer to this article.