This tutorial will walk you through connecting VidiU Go to your network and the VidiU App for iOS.
Features on front of device
- Turn on VidiU Go by pressing the power button on the front faceplate. Once the device is powered on, press the down arrow on the navigation buttons to view the device's IP address.
This IP address is essentially the VidiU creating its own WiFi network that will be used later to connect your iOS device.
- On your iPad, you will download the VidiU app from the App Store.
*Please note, this app can be used by all VidiU models, including VidiU, VidiU Pro, and VidiU Mini
- Once your app has downloaded, it’s time to connect your iOS device to the VidiU Go. Navigate to the Network Settings tab in the Settings app of your iPhone or iPad. Select your VidiU Go from the list of available WiFi networks.
If you are unsure what your VidiU Go's WiFi ID is, you can find it listed above the IP address on the device's OLED screen. The example above shows the network name “VidiU-Go-00371.”
- Turn on your camera and microphone, if applicable.
- Once your iPad or iPhone has connected to VidiU Go's WiFi network, open the VidiU app on your iOS device and select your device.
Note: Keep in mind that your VidiU Go still does not have an internet connection, despite being connected to your iOS device. The next steps will help you connect your VidiU Go to the internet.
- Now we're going to use the VidiU App to connect VidiU Go to the internet via your WiFi router. Click “Settings.” Next, click “Network,” then click “Wireless.”
- Under “Wireless Mode,” select “Client.” Near the bottom of the screen, select “Scan for Networks.”
Client Mode: VidiU Go connects to a WiFi router as any other device would, such as a laptop. Use this mode to stream over your home or business internet connection.
Access Point: VidiU Go acts as its own access point, like a WiFi router would. Use this mode to stream over bonded network connections.
- Once the search has completed, select your WiFi network from the list and enter the password, if applicable.
- The warning sign shown below should pop up on your screen once you select your network. This warning lets you know that you are connecting the VidiU to a local network and disconnecting the iPad from the network generated by the VidiU Go. This is what you want to happen - click “Apply.”
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the same network which you just connected the VidiU.
At this point, both the VidiU device and the iOS device with the VidiU app should be connected to the same local WiFi network.
The next tutorial will walk through the steps to create and set your video destination. Click here to continue to the next tutorial