This tutorial will walk through the steps to set a video destination like Facebook, Youtube, and Vimeo Live in the VidiU app.
- With your VidiU Go and VidiU app connected to the same network, open up the app and select “Configure Broadcast” then “Setup new Destination.”
- You will see a list of the available channels for which your VidiU Go is natively integrated. These integrations offer a streamlined setup, but have no effect on the quality of your broadcast.
If you are not using one of these platforms, you can connect to a different platform using a custom RTMP or RTMP(S) configuration. For this tutorial, we will show the steps to create a Facebook Live stream.
- After clicking “Facebook” you can see the steps to set up your live video and the needed Authentication Code. Click the Authentication Code and copy it.
- Select the link to open and log into your Facebook account. After logging in, you will be prompted to enter the Authentication Code saved to your clipboard previously. Paste that code in the space and click “Continue.”
- The next few screens are permissions needed in order to stream to Facebook from the VidiU app. Click “Continue” on the first page, “OK” on the second, and “OK” on the third.
*Note: This step is required to grant permission to post to Pages and Groups from your VidiU Go. If you do not complete these steps, you will be unable to stream to your Facebook destination.
- You will then see a green check mark and a “Success!” screen, which means you are connected to your account. Tap “Next” to return to the app screen. After a moment, the app will authorize your login and open the Facebook settings for you to configure.
- Select destination - Tap Timeline to change your destination to your timeline, a Page, or a Group you are a part of on Facebook.
- Control privacy - Under “Privacy”, select the level of privacy you want for the stream.
- Title your video and/or add a description in the available boxes.
- After you are happy with the settings, tap “Apply” and then tap “Home”.
At this point, your Facebook Live video destination is set up. The last thing you need to do before going live is to check and confirm your video and audio settings. Click here to continue to this tutorial.