In this tutorial series, we will get familiar with some of the hardware interfaces on the VidiU Go and the basic steps to setup your device.
The back panel of VidiU Go
- Connect your WiFi antennas to the RP-SMA connectors on the back panel. If you do not plan on using WiFi, you are not required to attach the antennas.
- Orient the antennas vertically (i.e. perpendicular to the ground) for the best reception.
- We recommend connecting VidiU Go to AC power when possible using the included USB-C cable and wall plug. If you want to stream while you're on the move, VidiU Go comes with a built-in lithium-ion battery that provides up to 2.5 hours of run time.
- Attach your video source to either the HDMI or SDI video inputs.
In this tutorial, we are connecting using HDMI.
- If you are using a microphone, plug in the 3.5mm (mini jack) into the input marked with a microphone just below the Type-C power cord. Make sure you select "Mic" from the audio menu on the VidiU Go once connected to ensure your device is receiving the proper audio level.
Your VidiU Go is now connected and ready to go! The next step is to configure your VidiU Go Settings and connect your device to the VidiU app. Click here to continue to the next tutorial