Version 1 - January 8, 2020
Manually configuring Sharelink to broadcast to YouTube via RTMP(S) is useful in situations when the integrated version of YouTube is not working properly.
TO CONFIGURE YOUTUBE VIA RTMP(S) ON SHARELINK:
- Visit https://sharelink.tv and log in to your account.
- Authorize your VidiU device if you haven’t done so already.
- Select Channels from the top of the screen, then scroll down and select Add new Channel.
- Select RTMP(S), then enter a Channel Name.
- On a separate web browser, go to https://studio.youtube.com/ to log in to your account. Click Create, then select the Go live option.
You will then be prompted to either create a new stream (NEW STREAM), or to create a stream using the same settings, privacy, and details from a previously completed stream (COPY AND CREATE). Create a name, then click CREATE STREAM or SAVE.
NEW STREAM COPY AND CREATE
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream Key provided on the Preview screen, then return to Sharelink’s Add a new channel page and paste them on the corresponding fields. After entering the Server URL and Stream Key, click Save at the bottom.
YouTube - Preview Live Stream page
Sharelink - Add a new channel page
- Return to your Sharelink account’s home page and click on the Add channel.
- Select the channel you created, then click Add.
- Click the Go Live! button on Sharelink. Your video will appear as a preview on YouTube's
Preview page. To begin your live stream, click the Go Live button.