Version 1 - January 8, 2020
As of November 1, 2019, Facebook only supports the RTMPS protocol for broadcasting on Pages, as well as Groups and Timeline. Manually configuring Sharelink to broadcast to a Facebook channel via RTMPS is useful when the integrated version is not working properly.
TO CONFIGURE FACEBOOK VIA RTMP(S) ON SHARELINK:
- Visit https://sharelink.tv and log in to your account.
- Authorize your VidiU device if you haven’t done so already.
- Select Channels from the top of the screen, then scroll down and select Add new Channel.
- Select RTMP(S), then enter a Channel Name.
- On a separate web browser, go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create and click Create Live Stream.
- Copy the Server URL and the Stream Key provided, then return to Sharelink’s Add a new channel page and paste them on the corresponding fields. After entering the Server URL and Stream Key, click Save at the bottom. Facebook - Create Live Video page
Sharelink - Add a new channel page
fields 'Username' and 'Password' should stay empty:
- Return to your Sharelink account’s home page and click on the Add channel.
- Select the channel you created, then click Add.
- Click the Go Live! button on Sharelink. Your video will appear as a preview on Facebook's
Create Live Stream page. To begin your live stream, click the Go Live button.