Version 2 - April 21, 2020
While on set, you may need to share your footage with off-set crew members or clients. Core's video-sharing solution allows anyone to view your live video from any web browser or any iOS device running the Core TV app, even if they don't have a Core account.
Sharing video from Core requires these three easy steps:
1. Add an encoder to your Core workspace.
2. Share the video stream via email.
3. Access the stream with the Core TV app or web browser.
Below are detailed instructions on how to share and view one video stream, or multiple videos grouped in a workspace.
SHARE A VIDEO FROM CORE
- Add an encoder to your Core account. Refer to this article for instructions on how to add a device to Core.
- Select a stream from your workspace, then click the Share icon.
- Enter an email address, then click the Share button to deliver the access code.
- To unshare video, repeat step 2, then remove the users by clicking on the X.
VIEW A SHARED VIDEO
FROM THE CORE TV APP:
- Download Core TV from the App Store.
- From your iOS device, log in with your email address along with the access code provided via email by the Core admin.
- Select the stream, then tap Play on the top right corner.
- To log out, click the icon on the top right corner of the selected stream and tap Log Out.
FROM A WEB BROWSER:
- Click on the access code provided via email, then select the stream from the Shared Streams option on the sidebar.
- Click on the stream name, then tap the Live toggle switch to view the stream.
TO SHARE A WORKSPACE FROM CORE
Workspaces allows you to compile and share several different streams from multiple encoders all at once.
- Log in to Core.
- Click the icon that corresponds to the workspace you want to share, then select the Share option.
- Enter the recipient's email address, then click the Share button. The recipient will receive an access code via email.
- To share additional workspaces, repeat steps 2 and 3 for each workspace.
- To view the shared workspace, refer to the VIEW A SHARED VIDEO instructions above.