In order to protect your account from being compromised, Twitch offers Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) via Authy. The Authy app provides 2FA via their iOS, Android and desktop apps as well as SMS texts. Before you begin broadcasting, Twitch requires you to enable 2FA.
Note: Before enabling 2FA, make sure the email associated with your Twitch account has been verified, and you have downloaded and installed the Authy app on your desktop or cellular device (iOS or Android).
- Log in to your Twitch account.
- Tap the icon to enter the Settings menu, then select Security and Privacy.
- Under Security, tap the Set Up Two-Factor Authentication button.
- Enter your Twitch password again, then enter your phone number. A verification code will be sent to you via text message.
- Enter the verification code, then tap Done.
Log in using 2FA via VidiU or any 600/700 series device
- From the web UI, front panel or app (VidiU), enter your Twitch login credentials.
- Open the Authy app to generate a 2FA token code.
- Add the token code to the end of your password without spaces.
- Tap Enter.