Before beginning the recovery mode procedure, make sure the latest firmware is installed on your device.
- Download the latest firmware image from https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#resinite
- Rename the downloaded file to Teradek_7xx_firmware.bin (guide for MacOS and for Windows), and place it in the root directory (you can also think of it in general as the start or beginning of a particular folder structure - the first location that opens when browsing a drive) of an SD card or USB drive.
NOTE: The SD card or USB drive should be formatted with an MBR/fdisk partition table and a single partition formatted as either FAT32 or exFAT.
The following tool from the SDCard Association makes this very easy and is available for both Windows and MacOS - https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
- Turn off the device.
- Insert the SD card or USB drive.
- Turn your device back on while simultaneously holding down the factory reset button with a paper clip.
- Once “Recovery Mode” shows on the front panel, the factory reset button can be released. The recovery mode will first scan for an SD card and then for USB drives, and look for Teradek_7xx_firmware.bin in the root of each card or drive. The front panel will show whether a drive and recovery file is found, and which one is being installed.
- After the system boots, reinstall the firmware image again using the web interface. This is necessary because the FPGA is not upgraded from the recovery mode install, and an old FPGA image may not be compatible with the installed firmware.