Version 1 - March 22, 2019
Below are steps to activate the Lens Data Overlay feature.
Before continuing, please see the following requirements:
- Lens Mapping License
If you have a CTRL.1, you need to purchase a Lens Mapping License.
If you have a CTRL.3, the license is already included.
- A compatible SmallHD/Teradek RT Controller Interface Cable
Be sure you purchase the appropriate cable for your monitor. Cables can be purchased at teradek.com
UPDATE YOUR CONTROLLER AND MONITOR TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE
- Visit https://www.smallhd.com/community/os3 and download firmware version 3.4.0 or later to a compatible SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the monitor.
- From the main screen, swipe left to access the monitor settings, then scroll down to the system menu and select firmware. You will then be prompted to install the firmware file from the SD card.
- Restart the monitor.
- If you have a CTRL.1, be sure to purchase a lens mapping license before you continue. If you have a CTRL.3, the lens mapping license is already included.
- Visit https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#teradekrt and download version 1.1.0 or later of the RTFW application. Run the RTFW software once it completes the installation.
- Turn the controller off and connect it to your computer via a USB to mini-USB cable.
- Turn the controller back on. RTFW will automatically detect the controller.
- Click Update Device.
CONFIGURE YOUR CONTROLLER:
- If you have not yet activated lens mapping on CTRL.1, visit https://activate.teradek.com/ and enter your controller’s UID to generate a license key.
- From the controller, navigate to LENS>LENSMAP and select one of the configured lens maps. If you have not yet created a lens map, follow the instructions here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/301290121
- Firmware 1.4 and earlier : Press the MENU button to return to the main menu, then navigate to
IO CONFIG > SMALLHD. Select YES to activate SmallHD Comms.
- Firmware 1.5 and later: Press the MENU button to return to the main menu, then navigate to
IO CONFIG, select SMALLHD, and press SET.
CONNECT A CABLE FROM THE CONTROLLER’S WIRED MODE CONNECTOR TO THE MONITOR’S USB PORT:
- 5-pin to micro-USB for Focus (part number 11-1469)
- 5-pin to 5-pin for 703/703 Bolt
- 5-pin to USB-A for larger monitors
CONFIGURE YOUR MONITOR:
- Tap the screen on the monitor and navigate to ADD NEW TOOL>ADD ONS.
- Select TERADEK RT.
- The Lens Map Overlay will appear on the right and move according to the controller’s knob movements.
- The Teradek RT tool appears when a lens map is selected. If no lens map is selected, no information will be displayed on the monitor.
- The focus units will match those configured on the controller unless overridden by the Focus Units option in the Teradek RT tool configuration.
- The overlay only displays the axis that is currently being controlled by CTRL.1.