- Download the latest firmware image from https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#vidiu-go
- Rename the downloaded file to vidiu-go-firmware.bin (guide for MacOS and for Windows), and place it in the root directory (you can also think of it in general as the start or beginning of a particular folder structure - the first location that opens when browsing a drive) of a microSD card or USB drive.
NOTE: The microSD card or USB drive should be formatted with an MBR/fdisk partition table and a single partition formatted as either FAT32 or exFAT.
The following tool from the SDCard Association makes this very easy and is available for both Windows and MacOS - https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
- Turn off the VidiU Go by holding down the power button until screen turns off.
- Insert microSD card or USB drive
- While using a paper clip to hold down the factory reset button (next to the microSD slot), turn the VidiU Go on using the power button.
- Once “Recovery Mode” shows on the front panel, the factory reset button can be released. The recovery mode will first scan for a microSD card and then for USB drives, and look for vidiu-go-firmware.bin in the root of each card or drive. The front panel will show whether a drive and recovery file is found, and which one is being installed.