- Cube 605 / 655 encoder
- Cube 625 / 675 decoder
- Slice 656 encoder / 676 decoder
- Bond 657
- Bond Backpack 659
- 8.1.5 and earlier
Firmware version 8.1.5 and earlier releases cannot perform an automatic upgrade to version 8.2.0 or later releases using the built-in display and menu buttons on the front panel interface, or using the remote upgrade option through the Core management system.
Although the display on the unit will show that going through the update process, once the unit has rebooted it will still be running the earlier release.
Firmware version 8.2.0 and later releases can successfully perform firmware updates from the front panel interface or through Core to newer releases such as version 8.2.3.
The firmware update process is controlled by the currently-running firmware, so it is not possible to apply this fix to earlier firmware versions and the below workaround is required.
Firmware version 8.1.5 and earlier will need to have a manual update performed using a computer and web browser to access the built-in web user interface (Web UI) of the device.
1. Download the most recent firmware release (e.g. firmware package 8.2.3) from the 600 series firmware download page to the computer.
2. Depending on how the 600 series device is connected to the network (Ethernet or Wi-Fi ), find the current IP address with the steps in this article.
3. Connect the computer with the downloaded firmware image to the same Ethernet or Wi-Fi network used by the 600 series device, and access the Web UI of the device using the IP address found in step (2).
4. In the device's Web UI go to System > Firmware Upgrade, then select Choose File and browse for the newer firmware image, then select Upgrade.
5. The firmware upgrade process will take approximately 10 minutes to complete, and the device will reboot automatically as part of the update process.
6. Once the update is completed, log in to the Web UI of the device and confirm that both the Firmware and Codec report the same version used in the firmware update (e.g. 8.2.3)