The 600 series products -- Cube 600, Slice 600, or Bond 657 / Bond Backpack 659 -- all share a single firmware package across the product lines; this package contains firmware for the different processors used in each of the 600 series products.
The Recovery Mode procedure can be used to force reload firmware onto the 600 series product's encoding processor.
This can help in situations where the product is no longer recognizing video input, or it is no longer streaming out encoded video and doesn't show the Encoder Status LED illuminated solid blue even though it recognizes video input, or it is showing other unusual behavior.
The Recovery Mode procedure is performed by loading a firmware file onto the 600 series product through the built-in Web User Interface (Web UI).
1. Download the main firmware file (e.g. firmware version 8.2.1) that you wish to load from the Teradek website. Go to www.teradek.com, select Support, Downloads, then choose Cube / Slice / Bond 600 series from the product list. Do not download the Recovery Firmware for use during the recovery process. Use the main firmware package only!
- NOTE: if you're trying to load an earlier firmware file than the current release, click the Show Previous Versions button.
2. Once you have downloaded the firmware file, access the product's Web UI and select the Device Recovery option under System.
3. Click the Choose File button and select the firmware file that was saved on your device, then click Recover Device.
4. The 600 series product will copy the file from your device and begin the recovery firmware update, and the message in the Web UI status window will indicate that it's booting in recovery mode; the warning LED on the side of the product will blink at a slow rate (approximately once per second) during this process.
5. Once the firmware transfer from the device has completed, the 600 series product will automatically reboot itself to install the firmware; the product will display UPGRADING on its built-in display during this process.
If the product is continuing to have issues after performing this procedure, please contact Teradek Support and reference this article, and any other troubleshooting steps that have already been performed.
- Cube 605 / 625 / 655 / 675
- Slice 656 / 676
- Bond 657
- Bond Backpack 659