The Recovery Mode procedure can be used to force reload firmware onto the Serv Pro's encoding processor.
This can help in situations where the Serv Pro is no longer recognizing video input, or it is no longer streaming out encoded video and doesn't show the Encoder Status LED illuminated solid blue even though it recognizes video input, or it is showing other unusual behavior.
The Recovery Mode procedure is performed by loading a firmware file onto a Serv Pro through the Serv Pro's built-in Web User Interface (Web UI).
1. Download the firmware file you wish to load from the Teradek website. Go to www.teradek.com, select Support, Downloads, then choose Serv Pro from the product list.
- NOTE: if you're trying to load an earlier firmware file than the current release, click the Show Previous Versions button.
2. Once you have downloaded the firmware file, access the Serv Pro's Web UI and select the Device Recovery option under System. Instructions on how to access the Serv Pro's Web UI are found in this article.
3. Click the Choose File button and select the firmware file that was saved on your device, then click Recover Device.
4. The Serv Pro will copy the file from your device and begin the recovery firmware update, and the message in the Web UI status window will indicate that it's booting in recovery mode; the warning LED on the side of the Serv Pro will blink at a slow rate (approximately once per second) during this process.
5. Once the firmware transfer from the device has completed, the Serv Pro will automatically reboot itself to install the firmware; the Serv Pro will display UPGRADING on its built-in display during this process.
If the Serv Pro is continuing to have issues after performing this procedure, please contact Teradek Support and reference this article, and any other troubleshooting steps that have already been performed.