Starting with firmware version 1.2.10, the COLR and COLR Duo have support for the Camera Access Protocol (CAP) used on the ARRI Alexa Mini and Alexa SXT.
This allows the COLR or COLR Duo to proxy the connection between a device on the same network as the COLR's Wi-Fi interface, and the camera connected to the COLR's wired Ethernet interface.
One example use case is to allow wireless access to the camera between COLR and Pomfort's LiveGrade Pro software.
Part 1: ARRI Alexa Mini / SXT configuration
Refer to ARRI's documentation for your camera and Software Update Package (SUP) version for specific steps:
1. Enable DHCP on the Ethernet interface of the camera
2. Enable CAP on the camera
Part 2: COLR / COLR Duo configuration
Make sure your firmware version is at least 1.2.10
1. Connect the network cable between the Ethernet port of the COLR and the Ethernet port of the camera
2. Log in to the Web UI of the COLR and enable Camera Link Mode. When this mode is enabled on the COLR, the necessary ports are automatically forwarded between the COLR's Wi-Fi interface and its wired Ethernet interface.
3. Connect to the COLR's Wi-Fi interface; if the COLR is in AP mode and you are connecting to a single COLR, join the COLR's Wi-Fi network (e.g. COLR-00100) and access it at the default IP address of 172.16.1.1. If the COLR is in Client mode and is connected to another Wi-Fi such as a Link, use the red Status button on the COLR to find the current Wi-Fi IP address.
4. Test camera connectivity by opening the Web UI of the COLR and selecting Camera Link, then Browse. The camera should show up under the Ethernet section of the menu, and the Web UI of the camera should be accessible once selected.
Part 3 : Use COLR with LiveGrade Pro
The camera should appear in LiveGrade Pro with the IP address assigned to the Wi-Fi adapter on the COLR unit.
Refer to Pomfort's knowledge base article for additional details on adding the camera: