If you have changed the administrative password or the network settings on the T-RAX and can no longer access the unit, you can reset the controller card to factory default settings.
- hold in the recessed button on the Controller Card located between the 8 LEDs and the USB port for 5 seconds, then release.
- all LEDs will briefly illuminate red and the display on the T-RAX will show it is rebooting.
- after the reboot, the display on the T-RAX should show the current IP address it received over DHCP. If no DHCP server is present, it will show a link-local (169.254.x.x) address which it automatically assigns to itself.
After the reset, the following Controller Card settings will be changed:
- Web User Interface administrative password: admin
- Ethernet configuration: DHCP Client
- Hostname: TRAX
- Timezone: UTC
- Wi-Fi: disabled, network name / SSID is reset to Teranet-0
- Logging / external syslog server: disabled
- NTP client: enabled
NOTE: Encoder / Decoder card settings are not modified with this reset -- only Controller Card settings are changed.