LAST UPDATED: April 2020
Facebook has updated their Terms of Service (TOS) as of 2018, and the Live:Air Solo app is not allowed to broadcast to Facebook Live using the built-in iOS camera from an iPhone or iPod Touch.
This decision is outside of Teradek's control and Teradek must comply with Facebook's decisions regarding its TOS and their streaming platform.
- Version 1.5.1 and later of the Live:Air Solo have the Facebook Live option present but you cannot use the built-in camera on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Version 1.4.0 of the Live:Air Solo had the Facebook Live option removed to comply with the Facebook's then-current TOS and restrictions.
- Earlier versions of Live:Air Solo will show the option to broadcast to Facebook Live, but you will receive an error or warning if you attempt to broadcast.
1. If you wish to stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo with a specific iPhone / iPod Touch's built-in camera, you could use a second iOS device -- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad -- running Live:Air Solo to receive the stream from the iPhone / iPod Touch running the free Live:Air Remote app. In this way, the camera from the iPhone / iPod Touch is being sent out by the second iOS device..
2. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo using an external camera connected to a Teradek encoder (Cube, Clip, VidiU, etc.), and use that Teradek encoder as a source for the iOS device running the Live:Air Solo app.
3. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo and use the internal device camera in Live:Air Solo by creating a manually-configured custom RTMP destination. This article in our knowledge base shows how to time use RTMPS stream keys.
4. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo and use the internal device camera in Live:Air Solo if you have a subscription to Teradek's Core service. Additional information on Core is available at this link.
5. You can stream to Facebook Live with the internal device camera using a supported iPad running the Live:Air Action app.