LAST UPDATED: February 13, 2018
Facebook has updated their Terms of Service (TOS).
The Live:Air Solo app is not allowed to broadcast to Facebook Live if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch or iPad and try to use the built-in iOS camera on that same device.
This decision is outside of Teradek's control and Teradek must comply with Facebook's decisions regarding its TOS.
- Version 1.5.1 and later of the Live:Air Solo have the Facebook Live option present but you cannot use the built-in camera on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Version 1.4.0 of the Live:Air Solo had the Facebook Live option removed to comply with the Facebook's then-current TOS and restrictions.
- Earlier versions of Live:Air Solo will show the option to broadcast to Facebook Live, but you will receive an error or warning if you attempt to broadcast.
1. If you wish to stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo with an iOS device's built-in camera, you could use a second iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) running the free Live:Air Remote app. That second, external iOS device would be used as a source on the iOS device running the Live:Air Solo app.
2. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo using an external camera connected to a Teradek encoder (Cube, Clip, VidiU, etc.), and use that Teradek encoder as a source for the iOS device running the Live:Air Solo app.
3. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo and use the internal device camera in Live:Air Solo by creating a manually-configured custom RTMP destination. This article from Facebook shows how to create one-time use RTMP stream keys: https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/get-started/live
4. You can stream to Facebook Live from Live:Air Solo and use the internal device camera in Live:Air Solo if you have a subscription to Teradek's Core service. Additional information on Core is available at this link.
5. You can stream to Facebook Live with the internal device camera using a supported iPad running the Live:Air Action app.