Included in Firmware
RTMP (aka Flash streaming) -- this is a "push" connection where the Cube acts as a client to a CDN or streaming media server; its configuration is similar to that seen in Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder where you specify a server URL (CDN server, port and application path) and stream name. This should work with Flash Media Server, Wowza Media Server, and other products supporting the RTMP streaming protocol. This streaming method is included by default and no special license is required on Cube to use this streaming method.
RTSP/RTP - this is a "pull" connection where the client/media server/CDN requests the stream from Cube and Cube sends back audio/video. This streaming method is included by default and no special license on Cube is required to use this streaming method.
TDS (Teradek Streaming) - this is a "push" connection where the Cube sends audio/video to a client. The target address can be either a Unicast-based streaming method (individual client IP address and port) or to a Multicast-based IP address and port to allow multiple clients to listen to the same stream, as long as your network supports Multicast-based streaming.
- This streaming protocol is optimized for low latency, and is only intended for use on a LAN where packet loss is minimized, or in scenarios where packet loss and its effect on video quality is acceptable. This streaming method is not intended for use over the public Internet or other unreliable networks.
- Supported clients to receive Teradek Streaming include Teradek Decoders (Cube, Slice), software apps (TeraClip iOS app), and 3rd party products such as Telestream's Wirecast or NewTek's TriCaster (specific model and software versions required) when using the Teradek Stream Reader Plug-in on each respective 3rd party product.
- This streaming method is included by default with firmware version 7.1.4 and later and on Clip. No special license is required to use this streaming method.
HTTP Live Streaming (aka HLS) -- this is a "pull" connection where Cube acts as a server to provide an HTTP Live stream for the CDN/media server/client to connect to and receive audio/video.
- The Cube does not "push" out HLS to a remote destination, so it cannot be used with remote servers or CDNs which accept HLS segments from a client.
- This streaming method is included by default and no special license on Cube is required to use this streaming method.
Full CDN Integration- A preconfigured RTMP stream designed to work with a CDN Partner that allows you to stream by authenticating with your CDN log-in.
RTP Push (aka "Manual Unicast" in QuickTime Broadcaster terminology) -- this is a "push" connection where you configure Cube with your desired audio/video settings, download an SDP file from Cube and make that available on your CDN or media server. Cube will automatically push audio/video to the CDN/server when powered on without waiting for a request. Any changes made to audio/video settings require you to download a new SDP file from Cube and place it on your CDN/server.
Quickview RTP Push - This is identical to RTP Push but enables it for the Quickview Stream rather than the Main Stream.
RTSP Announce (aka "Automatic Unicast" in QuickTime Broadcaster terminology) -- this is a "push" connection where Cube will connect to the CDN/server and send back audio/video; no SDP file is required, so settings may be changed on the Cube very easily.
Available with Paid Licenses
MPEG Transport Stream -- this is a standards-compliant MPEG Transport Stream with H.264 video compression and MPEG-2 or AAC audio compression. This is a "push" connection where Cube will connect to the CDN/server and send back audio/video on a user-configurable port.
* This is an optional, one-time paid license available from http://www.teradek.com/products/mpeg-transport-stream.
* A demonstration license is available which has all functionality but places a watermark over the video, email the serial number of your Cube Encoder to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a demo license.
ZiXi -- this implements ZiXi's proprietary protocol with the features http://zixi.com/Partners/OEMs/Teradek.aspx.