Support for the AT&T Beam / AC340U modem is available on the following products:
- Bond II
- Bond Pro
- Cube Pro
- 600 series encoder (e.g. Cube 605/655)
- 700 series encoder (e.g. Cube 705/755)
- VidiU Pro
Due to architectural changes in this modem from previous Sierra Wireless designs, it's not possible to support this modem on the 1st or 2nd gen Cube or the original VidiU.
Support for this modem requires:
- Teradek firmware version 7.3.12 or later on the Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro product, available from the Teradek download site
- AT&T Beam modem firmware version 01.13.12.14 (download link)
- AT&T Beam modem patch version 4 which must be applied using a Windows-based computer (download link)
In order to use the current AT&T Beam firmware version 01.13.12.14, you must have a minimum firmware version of 7.3.12 (Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro / Cube Pro) or VidiU Pro firmware version 2.4.7. Support on the 600 series product line was added in firmware 7.6.2, and to the 700 series product line in firmware version 8.0.2.
1. make sure the AT&T AllAccess software (download link) is installed on a compatible computer system
2. use the AllAccess software to check and update the firmware version on the AT&T Beam modem (if necessary)
3. Apply the AT&T Beam modem patch version 4 on a system running Windows 7 or earlier is required. Windows 8 or later is not compatible with this file. This patch utility is provided by AT&T and Netgear and is not created by Teradek, and the operating system limitations imposed in running that patch file is likewise imposed by Netgear.
4. After compatible firmware is present on all products and the patch version 4 has been applied to the modem, you can either use "Auto" or the "AT&T Beam" preset option in the Teradek product's Web UI to configure the USB port for the modem.