Support for the AT&T Beam / AC340U modem is available on the following products:
- Bond II
- Bond Pro
- Cube Pro
- 3rd gen Cube 600 series (605/655)
- VidiU Pro
Due to architectural changes in this modem from previous Sierra Wireless designs, it's not possible to support this modem on the 1st or 2nd gen Cube or the original VidiU.
Support for this modem requires:
- Teradek firmware version 7.0.3 or later on the Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro / Link product, available from the Teradek download site
- AT&T Beam modem firmware version 01.05.11.52 (download link) or the current firmware version 01.13.12.14 (download link)
- AT&T Beam modem patch version 4 which must be applied using a Windows-based computer (download link)
In order to use the current AT&T Beam firmware version 01.13.12.14, you must have a minimum firmware version of 7.3.12 (Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro / Cube Pro) or VidiU Pro firmware version 2.4.7. Support on the 3rd gen Cube 600 series is pending in a future firmware update.
1. make sure the AT&T AllAccess software (download link) is installed on a compatible computer system
2. use the AllAccess software to check the firmware version on the AT&T Beam modem
(a) If your AT&T Beam is running firmware earlier than 01.05.11.52, you can upgrade to the 01.05.11.52 release and then apply the the AT&T Beam modem patch version 4. Upgrading the firmware requires a system running Windows 7 or earlier.
(b) If your AT&T Beam is running firmware later than 01.05.11.52 but earlier than 01.13.12.14, you can upgrade to the 01.13.12.14 release with the Netgear-provided download links (Mac, Windows 7 or Windows 10) and then apply the AT&T Beam modem patch version 4.
3. In order to apply the AT&T Beam modem patch version 4, a system running Windows 7 or earlier is required. Windows 8 or later is not compatible with this file. This utility is provided by AT&T and Netgear and is not created by Teradek.
4. After compatible firmware is present on all products and the patch version 4 has been applied to the modem, you can either use "Auto" or the "AT&T Beam" preset option in the Teradek product's Web UI to configure the USB port for the modem.