1. Does the Cube 1xx SDI Encoder support SD-SDI video input, and does the Cube 3xx SDI Decoder support SD-SDI video output?
- Yes, the 1xx series supports 480i/576i SD-SDI input, and the 3xx series supports SD-SDI video output.
- No, Cube SDI Encoders only support digital SDI formats; they do not support analog Composite (NTSC/PAL) video.
- A converter box from Composite to SD-SDI is needed to convert the analog NTSC/PAL signal to 480i/576i SD-SDI.
- An alternative to using a converter box is to purchase the Cube 5xx series which only accepts 480i/NTSC or 576i/PAL analog video input.
- No, 480i/576i input/output is not supported over HDMI at this time. Only 480p/576p input/output is supported.
- Yes, the Teradek Online Store now allows you to configure Cubelet pairs in different mixed combinations.
NOTE: some resolutions present in one video input/output method are not present in the other, e.g. 480p/576p formats are in HDMI but not SDI, and PsF formats are in SDI but not HDMI. However, you may have the Decoder output a video format/resolution that is different from that received by the Encoder.
- No, the Cube 2xx series does not support HDCP-protected video signals.