- Turn off the Vidiu.
- Insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the back of the unit.
- Power on the Vidiu while continuing to hold the paper clip until all the lights on the front come on. The device will then say "Recovery Mode" and have an IP address of 192.168.1.123
- Download the latest firmware from here
- Set your Ethernet port to a static IP address of 192.168.1.101 and Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 . It may help to turn off your wireless on the computer.
- Enter http://192.168.1.123 into a web browser and the Vidiu Recovery web page should load.
- Upload the firmware (use the main firmware .bin - not the recovery file) and after some time the Vidiu should restart.
*The firmware install should never take longer than around 12 minutes. If the upgrade has been taking longer than this amount of time the device may be frozen. You can power off / on. There is a chance the installation may pick up where it left off, but it the update has not succeeded you may need to repeat the process.
If you are performing Recovery Mode on a Windows PC...
How to change TCP/IP settings on Windows systems:
- Windows 7/8.1/10 : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15089/windows-change-tcp-ip-settings
- Windows Vista: http://www.utilizewindows.com/configure-tcpip-settings-in-vista/
- Windows XP : https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/howto_enable_dhcp.mspx?mfr=true
Follow all other steps shown in the tutorial video on how to perform the Recovery Mode procedure on your VidiU with the Windows PC.