Teradek periodically releases firmware updates that add new features, improve performance, and fix vulnerabilities. The Bolt 4K Monitor Module has two ways to perform a firmware upgrade. You can use either the Smart 7 Monitor that the module is attached to, or Bolt Manager software.
UPGRADE FIRMWARE VIA SMART 7 MONITOR
- Turn on the Smart 7 Monitor with the attached Bolt 4K Module.
- From your computer, download the latest firmware update and save it onto a compatible SD card. NOTE: Make sure the SD card size is 16GB or smaller and formatted using FAT or FAT32 for Windows, MS-DOS (FAT) for macOS.
- Insert the SD card with the new firmware into the monitor's SD slot.
- Swipe left on the monitor to display the Monitor Settings, then tap TERADEK BOLT 4K.
- Tap the three dots to the right of Update Firmware to begin the firmware upgrade.
- Open the FlashDisk folder to access the firmware, then select the file by tapping SELECT.
- Ensure that the Radio and Controller Upgrade boxes are both checked, then tap START.
- Once the firmware is installed, tap CLOSE to return to the Monitor Settings.
UPGRADE FIRMWARE VIA BOLT MANAGER
- If you haven't already, download the Bolt Manager app from here.
- Launch Bolt Manager, then connect the Bolt 4K Module to your computer using a female micro USB to USB cable.
- Once Bolt Manager detects the module, click the Upgrade tab.
- To load the new firmware package into Bolt Manager, click Load from Web (download directly from Teradek's servers) or Load from PC (file previously downloaded and saved to your computer).
Once the firmware is loaded, and information about the package is displayed, click Next to proceed with the upgrade. You will then be presented with a list of device components and whether or not they are scheduled to be updated, along with two options:
Start Upgrade - Update your Bolt 4K device(s) with the latest firmware version.
Advanced Options - View version details for each component and the firmware upgrade
package components. The Advanced screen also allows users to select which components
- Click Start Upgrade!