As of the December 2017 release, Sputnik servers used with a Core account must use a Linux distribution which is running the systemd init system.
Depending on your Core subscription level, you can install Sputnik on a self-hosted server running Linux.
This can be a physical server located on-premise or in a data center, or on a virtual machine.
The self-hosted Sputnik server would be linked to your Core account, and is only supported for use with the Core account.
Updates to the Sputnik are provided for the duration of your active Core subscription.
If a Core subscription is cancelled, continued use of the Sputnik software is not permitted.
1. Log in to your Core account
2. Select Inventory, Sputniks, click Add Sputnik
3. Follow the link on manual Sputnik installation and run the install script shown from a terminal on your Linux server.
NOTE: only the following Linux distributions are supported for Sputnik installation or configuration issues with Core:
- CentOS 7 (in progress / not yet released)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (in progress / not yet released)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (available now)
Customers may use other Linux distributions or more recent versions (as long as they have a systemd init system), but Teradek cannot provide direct assistance for any installation or configuration issues that may arise in those circumstances.