Depending on your Core subscription level, you can install Sputnik on a self-hosted server running Linux.
This can be a physical server located on-premise or in a data center, or on a virtual machine.
The self-hosted Sputnik server would be linked to your Core account, and is only supported for use with the Core account. Updates to Sputnik are provided for the duration of your Core subscription.
1. Log in to your Core account
2. Select Inventory, Sputniks, click Add Sputnik
3. Follow the link on manual Sputnik installation and run the install script shown from a terminal on your Linux server. The installation script will automatically detect your architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and package management system (DEB or RPM).
NOTE: only the following Linux distributions are supported for installation or configuration issues with Core:
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS