Certain mobile Wi-Fi hotspots / jetpacks may work in a USB tethered mode with the Teradek Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro devices, the VidiU Pro, or on newer Teradek devices such as the 600 or 700 series products or the VidiU Go.
It's less likely that they will work on the 1st or 2nd generation Cube product lines.
If a mobile hotspot mentions support for USB tethering in its specifications -- especially if it mentions that it's driver-less -- then there's a good chance it may work on these products.
You can try the "Auto" mode setting on the USB port connected to the hotspot, or you can try the Custom -> Ethernet setting for that USB port on the Teradek device.
The following have been reported to work by customers:
- ZTE Velocity (ZTE MF923)
- ZTE Velocity 2 (ZTE MF985)
- Alcatel LINKZONE
- Franklin T-9 (confirmed on VidiU Go, 600 series and 700 series)
- T-Mobile 4G LTE HotSpot Z915 (aka ZTE Z915, confirmed by customer on VidiU Pro and original VidiU)
- ZTE Falcon Z-917
- ZTE Warp Connect
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 4620LE (had to enable the USB tethering option in the device's Web UI)
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 5510L
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L (confirmed on the VidiU Go, 600 series and 700 series)
- Verizon Jetpack Pantech MHS291L
- Verizon Jetpack AC791L (http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpack-4g-lte-mobile-hotspot-ac791l/ refer to this knowledge base article -- confirmed on Cube 600 series decoder with firmware 8.2.3
- Verizon Orbic Speed (RC400L, device firmware ORB400L_V1.2.1_BVZRT) -- confirmed on 600 series, 700 series, Vidiu Go, Vidiu X
USB tethering may work directly on these Verizon Wireless hotspots, but has not been confirmed:
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L (http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/jetpack-mifi-6620l/ via this knowledge base article )