Certain mobile Wi-Fi hotspots / jetpacks may work in a USB tethered mode with the Teradek Bond / Bond II / Bond Pro devices, or on Teradek devices which have a co-processor such as the Cube Pro, Cube 605 / 655, or the VidiU Pro.
It's less likely that they will work on the 1st or 2nd generation Cube product lines.
If a mobile hotspot mentions support for USB tethering in its specifications -- especially if it mentions that it's driver-less -- then there's a good chance it may work on these products.
You can try the "Auto" mode setting on the USB port connected to the hotspot, or you can try the Custom -> Ethernet setting for that USB port on the Teradek device.
The following have been reported to work by customers:
- ZTE Velocity (ZTE MF923)
- Alcatel LINKZONE
- T-Mobile 4G LTE HotSpot Z915 (confirmed by customer on VidiU Pro)
- ZTE Falcon Z-917
- ZTE Warp Connect
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 4620LE (had to enable the USB tethering option in the device's Web UI)
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 5510L
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L
- Verizon Jetpack Pantech MHS291L
- Verizon Jetpack AC791L (http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpack-4g-lte-mobile-hotspot-ac791l/ refer to this knowledge base article -- confirmed on Cube 600 series decoder with firmware 8.2.3
USB tethering may work directly on these Verizon Wireless hotspots, but has not been confirmed:
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L (http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/jetpack-mifi-6620l/ via this knowledge base article )