Twitch has updated their API format, and this change broke the native Twitch integration on Teradek products.
This affects all Teradek encoders which are capable of streaming RTMP and have a built-in integration with Twitch that allows username/password for access to a Twitch account, including: Cube, Slice, T-RAX, the VidiU product line, and the Live:Air and Live:Air Solo apps.
Teradek is currently working on updates for all affected devices and apps to match Twitch's changes.
This is addressed in the following firmware and app releases:
- firmware version PENDING for Cube (1st and 2nd gen) and most other RTMP-capable encoder products such as Slice, T-RAX, Bond II and Bond Pro
- firmware version PENDING for 3rd gen Cube (605/655)
- firmware version 2.4.8 for VidiU, VidiU Mini, and VidiU Pro
- RESOLVED: Live:Air app version 1.9.1
- RESOLVED: Live:Air Solo app version 1.7.1
- Sputnik version PENDING
Step 1. Log in to your Twitch account
Step 2. Determine the ingest server and stream key for your broadcast using Twitch's instructions in their knowledge base article: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2420572-guide-to-broadcast-health-and-using-twitch-inspector#Broadcast URLs and Stream Keys . This link will show the stream key for an account once logged in: https://www.twitch.tv/broadcast/dashboard/streamkey .
Step 3: configure your Teradek encoder using manual RTMP settings to stream to the ingest server URL and stream key:
NOTE: the articles on Twitch show the Broadcast/Server URL and Stream Key on the same line; the are entered into separate fields on Teradek devices.