In addition to the firmware update process that can accessed through the menu buttons and display on the Front Panel, the Serv Pro has a built-in web server that allows manual firmware updates through its Web User Interface (Web UI).
Instructions on how to access the Serv Pro's Web UI are found in this article.
To manually update the firmware:
1. Download the firmware file you wish to load from the Teradek website. Go to www.teradek.com, select Support, Downloads, then choose Serv Pro from the product list.
- NOTE: if you're trying to load an earlier firmware file than the current release, click the Show Previous Versions button
2. Once you have downloaded the firmware file, access the Serv Pro's Web UI and select the Firmware Upgrade option under System.
3. Click the Browse... button and select the firmware file that was saved on your device, then click Upgrade.
4. The Serv Pro will copy the file from your device and begin the firmware update process; the warning LED will blink at a slow rate (approximately once per second) during this process.
5. Once the firmware transfer from the device has completed, the Serv Pro will automatically reboot itself to install the firmware; the Serv Pro will display UPGRADING on its built-in display during this process.
6. After the installation is complete, the Serv Pro will automatically reboot itself a final time so that it's running the updated firmware.