Once you have purchased the Multi Selection and chroma key features (Under the "Extra Features" tab in Live:Air) you can begin to overlay video in an opaque and transparent way.
Currently (as of writing this article) the Chroma Key is for Video to Video only due to images being imported as Overlays. We are currently developing the ability to important images into sources to work with the video layering system. The current work around to build a video with the same image over and over and then import that video into Live:Air Action. This can easily be accomplished with any video editor.
Chroma key allows you to key out a specific color by dynamically removing the pixels that are that color or close to it. By doing this, you can layer a Chroma key video on top of a solid video. Some uses for this would be Weather Video behind a weather person, placing a video background behind an interview, or improv video sketches where they have to guess what is going on behind them.
To activate Chrome Key
- Once you have a video source, press and hold the source and click the little button with sliders
- Select the Chroma Key tab. Click the enable button. Click the dropper button to select your Colr
- Select the color by tapping the video color. By moving the slider, you can adjust how tight the Chroma Key is.
- Once you have a shot Chroma Keyed, you can save it in Shots or continue on to Multiselection.
Once you have purchased the Source Multi Selection, you can the select sources and scale them together.
- First, Activate Multi-Selection with the button that looks like two squares.
- Currently, multi-selection shots has 4 layers that are populated in the order of selection. You can see these layers by tapping the preview window as seen below:
- You can then scale each image you have by pressing and holding the image until the settings menu comes up. Press the Magnifying glass with the + inside of it.
- You can then transform the image to fit on the screen. For quad mode, select a different preset for each image.
- Select each of the sources and you will see them populate the preview window at their dedicated place. For Chrome Key sources, select them last to show the transparency.
- Once you have created the look you want, save it as a shot. You can then transform the video in other ways.