Facebook Live has strict requirements for the encoded audio and video settings.
These encoding settings are subject to change, but the current limits are listed on this page:
As of July 2017, Facebook will officially accept the following maximum settings:
- Video resolution: 1280x720
- Video bitrate: 4 Mbps (4000 kbps)
- Frame rate: 30 frames per second (fps)
- Audio bitrate: 128 kbps
When using the built-in integration on the VidiU or VidiU Pro, you can choose the following settings:
- Video Quality: HD (1280x720 resolution, 2 Mbps video bitrate)
- Frame rate: Full*
- Audio Quality: Medium (128 kbps audio bitate)
* For an explanation of how the frame rate settings are affected by the video input resolution, refer to this article. Refer to the most recent version of the VidiU Reference Guide for full details on these settings, found in this section.
NOTE: do not choose the "Full HD" video setting which corresponds to 1920x1080 resolution and a 5 Mbps video bitrate, or higher than Medium for the Audio Quality.
These values are higher than Facebook's maximum published settings and could cause issues with stream quality or stability.