NOTE: Remote Management Only mode is no longer present on Core, see below for additional details.
The Teradek Core platform allows configuration and remote control of Teradek encoders, decoders, and Sputnik servers.
Legacy devices will list separate options for Standard or Remote Management Only modes in their interface, but only the Standard mode is able to be used with Core.
The following are legacy encoders and decoders:
- 1st or 2nd generation Cube (serial number starting with 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx)
- Bond II (serial number starting with 218 or 219)
- Bond Pro (serial number starting with 058 or 059)
- Brik (serial number starting with 165)
- 1st generation Slice (serial number starting with 166 or 356)
- 1st generation T-RAX (serial number starting with 107 or 106)
The current 600 and 700 series products always work in the Standard mode and do not list an option in their interface.
In the Standard mode:
- Teradek encoders and Decoders connect to a Sputnik server that is also controlled by your Core account
- Core issues device configuration and control commands to the encoders and decoders by way of that Sputnik server
- The video stream from an encoder is first sent to a Sputnik server, and the Sputnik server then sends video streams to one or more streaming destinations. Decoders can pull down video streams from that Sputnik server.
- All Core features are available in this mode -- recording/archiving in the cloud, streaming to multiple destinations from a single encoder, etc.
Below is an example showing the Standard mode selection on a legacy encoder:
Remote Management Only
The option to use Remote Management Only mode was removed from Core, so any legacy devices (1st / 2nd generation Cube, Slice, etc.) must be configured to use the Standard mode.
Although the legacy device firmware will still show the Remote Management Only option, this will not function with Core.