There are two Livestream account platforms: a newer Livestream platform -- referred to as "Livestream" by that same company -- and an older platform referred to as "Original Livestream".
Livestream transitioned to their newer service platform in 2012, so most current Livestream accounts are activated on Livestream rather than Original Livestream.
The Livestream platform is based around events, while the Original Livestream platform has fixed channels. Please refer to this knowledge base article on Livestream's site for a complete list of differences, or if you're not certain which type of account you may have.
Due to Livestream's shift towards their newer offering, the Live:Air product family does not have native integration with the Original Livestream platform and only has integration with the current (event-based) Livestream platform.
However, you can manually configure the Live:Air or Live:Air Solo apps to stream to an Original Livestream channel using the Manual RTMP option.
1. Livestream has full documentation for the Original Livestream platform in their User Guide. Specifically, the Use Flash Media Encoder On2 Flix live or Wirecast with Livestream article shows how to construct the RTMP URL needed to stream to a channel from third party applications or devices.
2. There are both required and optional items in the RTMP URL.
Server Primary URL: The RTMP URL has this general format:
[your_channel]with your channel name,
[your_username]with the Livestream account username, and
[your_password]with the Livestream account password.
- Do not include the brackets ( "
[" or "
]") in the RTMP URL.
isAutoLivesetting must be part of the RTMP URL. The
isAutoLivesetting should be set to
trueif you want the stream to be visible on your channel immediately. If this is set to
falsethe stream will appear as a camera in your Livestream studio and you can manually control when you cue it and go live from the studio.
- refer to Livestream's documentation on the
bufferTimesettings to determine if they are required for your stream.
Stream: a simple stream name without a space or special characters can be used (e.g. "live" or "stream") if you're only sending from a single source. Refer to Livestream's documentation on creating unique stream names if you're broadcasting from multiple sources.
Backup URL: leave empty
User Agent: leave at the default Teradek setting
Username and Password : leave empty, and do not enter your Original Livestream username or password in the separate Username/Password fields. These values are already contained in the RTMP Server URL field.
3. After you have constructed the RTMP URL for your channel, configure the Live:Air or Live:Air Solo app with those settings. This article shows the manual RTMP configuration process with the Live:Air app.