Mixing multiple video sources and streaming can require significant device resources, and not all iPad models are capable of the highest settings.
For best results, Teradek strongly recommends using the iPad Pro 12.9-inch or the iPad Pro 11-inch.
The iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Air 2, or iPad 9.7-inch are the minimum level device for reasonable performance with Live:Air, and are recommended with reservations compared to most iPad Pro models.
The following devices are compatible with the Live:Air app, but have different hardware capabilities and subsequent restrictions on the performance of the app.
- iPad Pro 11-inch/12.9-inch (4th generation, 2020)
- iPad Pro 11-inch/12.9-inch (3rd generation, 2018)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch/12.9-inch (2nd generation, 2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation, 2015)
Recommended with Reservations:
- iPad 10.2-inch (7th generation, 2019)
- iPad Mini (5th generation, 2019)
- iPad Air (3rd generation, 2019)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch (1st generation, 2016)
- iPad 9.7-inch (6th generation, 2018)
- iPad 9.7-inch (5th generation, 2017)
- iPad Air 2 (2014)
- iPad Air (1st generation, 2013)
- iPad Mini 4 (2015)
- iPad Mini 3 (2014)
- iPad Mini 2 (2013)
NOTE: "Recommended with Reservations" and "Not Recommended" models will need to have the encoding and streaming settings reduced, will be limited by their hardware capabilities on support for in-app features, and may have in-app limitations enforced.
All prior iPad models are not compatible and not supported by Teradek for use with Live:Air or Live:Air Action.