NOTE: these instructions only apply to 1st or 2nd generation Bolts. They do not apply to any newer 3rd generation Bolt products (500 / 1000 / 3000 / 10K) including the newer XT, LT, and DSMC2 variants.
If you don't understand which model Bolt you have, refer to these articles before proceeding:
- Not sure which Bolt model you have? Refer to this article.
- Not sure which Sidekick model you have? Refer to this article.
Do not attempt these instructions until you are certain that you have an applicable Bolt model!
You will need the Bolt Manager found here.
Note: Once this process is started, please do it all the way through. It is designed to be completed in full and stopping partway will cause issues until you finish it.
- With the USB unplugged, turn on your unit.
- Plug the USB into your unit and into the computer and open Bolt Manager
- Select the appropriate device when prompted (Tx is transmitter and Rx is receiver).
- In Bolt Manager, go to the Status tab
- Click Send Message.
- Send the message "storagerestore", without quotes.
- Once the message sends, go to the Settings tab and click Select Region.
- Select your region correctly even if it already seems to be set. It is necessary to set the region after doing "storagerestore".
- Once the unit restarts, go to the "Upgrade" tab,
- Load from Web,
- click Advanced Options.
- Uncheck all boxes except Radio 1 (You can update all the firmware if you want)
- Click Start Upgrade!
- power cycle the TX unit and unplug the USB
- Repeat the process on the RX
- Retry pairing.